The specific objectives of BECoME2015 are:
- To provide a platform for knowledge transfer and idea exchange;
- To foster local, regional and international collaborations in research and development among scientists, environmental consultants, policy makers and governmental officers engaging in the field of marine biodiversity, ecology and conservation;
- To identify knowledge gaps and prioritize emerging research areas in the field;
- To train young scientists and environmental practitioners; and
- To solicit experts advices and share their experience on some of the pressing practical issues in relation to marine biodiversity conservation and fisheries management in the region and beyond.